S_TCODE check after upgrade to 4.7

Question: With the upgrade version to 4.7 regular transactions, do not work the
same way anymore.

Example transaction VL10H on the Tab ‘General Data’ there is column
named OriginDoc. When you click on one of these fields, it calls the
transaction VA03 (In version 4.6C) but now it is calls VA02 (In Version
4.7).

Why and how can I fix that without giving new roles with transactions
they did not have before and that used to run in the background without
requesting any S_TCODE check?

I have many requests for this kind of problem but for different roles
calling different S_TCODE. If I find a way to fix, one I will know for
all the other roles that call other S_TCODE’s.

Someone told me I could use SE97 to skip S_TCODE check BUT! What if the
transaction really require another transaction to work I do not want to
skip it otherwise we will have another kind of problem? Or I am wrong.

Please help

Nancy

Answer:
Sorry I did not find the one I posted yesterday and I thought I did not saved it.

Sorry for the duplicate of S_TCODE check after upgrade to 4.7

Nancy

Answer:
Dear Nancy,

In higher releases of SAP they are cleaning up their navigation paths. Upgrading, when you business process used a path which has changed (it became stricter to click on), does not mean that the process is any different.

You can call anything what you want. E.g. You can use SE97 to MAINTAIN the check on the CALLED tcode based on which tcode is CALLING it. But if the user can switch their sy-tcode, then the relationship changes. Take a look at table TCDCOUPLES.

SAP also provides other confusing messages though, which might be the case here. SU53 says "no auth tcode" ? But this may be caused by your having "BACK"ed (the ESC or OK problem) or the abap didn´t react sufficiently to the check and met a second auth fail, but gave you a message from either the one, or the other and a SU53 from the last check failed... i.e. the last one before '/nsu53'... not necessarily the one which gave you a "message" or caused your navigation path to change.

The change of the called transaction you mentioned (i.e. from VA03 -> VA02) may also be having an implication based on an application auth object check at tcode start, and not the tcode itself. Check SE93 for VA02.

For this you need to look beyond the tcode and compensate for SAP´s max-confusion-strategy. SU53, PFCG, ST01 and the SoD tools loitering around SAP are fully integrated into this strategy.

Kind regards,
Verne

Answer:
The only thing I found in the table TCDCOUPLES is an entry for
TCODE CALLED
VL10H VA03
VL10 VA02

But I am really in VL10H and I keeps having the message
You are not authorize to use the transaction VA02 !!!

I went in SE97 I created a list of called transactions for VL10H
Do not check VA02
Check Warning VA03
Do I have something else to do after what I did or when I use the role everything will work whitout any other configation.

I really need to know how to configure VL10H to call VA03 instead of VA02. Even with the table TCDCOUPLES or SE97 I am not able to change this setting !!!!

Need help
Nancy

Answer:
You will need to,
1. Call SAP and report the problem, or
2. Search on OSS for a fix
3. Debug the code and see if it is configurable in a table ( probably is not and TDCOUPLES has nothing to do with your want, It must be in the code).

Answer:
The last person who called SAP got 335277 - VL10: VA03 instead of VA02 in display of orders

You will need to work together with your developer and application person for the area.

An afterthought: That is also why, when you have outsourced your development work and application consulting, you will need to get yourself a Miles-and-More card and learn at least one exotic foreign language.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Content